home Reviews Review of the robot vacuum cleaner Xiaomi Roborock S4 / T4

Review of the robot vacuum cleaner Xiaomi Roborock S4 / T4

Xiaomi continues to develop the Roborock series, a line of robotic vacuum cleaners for the home. Its new representative is the Roborock S4 model with a new design - a translucent cover. The device has become more maneuverable, it better passes tight places in the house. The model has multiple suction modes, an excellent filtration system, a large capacity battery and a new smartphone app. I will tell you in detail about the features and characteristics of this gadget in my review.

baner_ali_white

Appearance

Xiaomi did their best: with a translucent cover, it looks very interesting. The plastic glossy body is made in black. The case is very easily soiled, there are always traces of touch on it. On the top panel there is one large button, divided into two parts. The first is responsible for turning on / off the robot vacuum cleaner, and the second is for sending it to the docking station. A cursory inspection immediately catches the eye of the place where a high-precision LDS sensor (lidar) is located, which reads the location and shape of objects, and then builds the most convenient cleaning route. Along the perimeter of the device there are 12 different types of sensors that prevent collisions and falls from a height. The main brush of the robot vacuum cleaner received a compacted bristle and a collapsible design with removable tips - this is how the manufacturer simplified the cleaning of the brush from hair and wool. There is one side rubber brush.

Equipment

Xiaomi Roborock S4 / T4

The vacuum cleaner is packed very carefully, in 2 boxes. The first is a protective one made of cardboard, and the second is a proprietary one, which shows its characteristics and functions. Inside the box, except for the vacuum cleaner itself:

1. Dock station.
  2. Spare filter.
  3. Robot cleaning brush.
  4. Charging cable.
  5. Operating instructions in 5 languages.

The scope of delivery is small. For many models from Xiaomi and other manufacturers, it is more diverse.

Functionality

Xiaomi Roborock S4 / T4

The Roborock S4 robot vacuum cleaner is most suitable for use in rooms without carpets. The device does an excellent job of cleaning smooth floors or carpets with a small pile. The suction power is 2000 Pa. The following operating modes are available to control the suction power:

• quiet (50 dB, 1200 Pa);
  • balanced (55 dB, 1400 Pa);
  • turbo (60 dB, 1800 Pa);
  • max (65 dB, 2000 Pa).

You can control and select modes through the Roborock proprietary application for Android and iOS. It came to replace Mi Home, which did not show itself well. The new application has become more convenient, updates are regularly released for it: new functions appear, errors are fixed. You can track your work online, make map settings, divide the room into separate zones. This model provides storage for up to three cards. The transparent waste bin has a volume of 420 ml. Dust collector - with E11 class HEPA filter. It even catches mold, dandruff, allergens. The filter is easy to clean and washable under water from the tap, the delivery set includes a second spare. The T4 comes with a large 5200 mAh battery. This charge is enough for the vacuum cleaner for 150-180 minutes of work without interruption, a full charge of the battery will take 300 minutes. The device can clean a large area - 250m2... The vacuum cleaner is able to overcome obstacles with a height of 15 mm. Has protection against falls, collisions.

Advantages and disadvantages

Benefits:

• beautiful modern design;
  • high autonomy;
  • navigation system, storing up to 3 maps;
  • various modes of suction;
  • new convenient mobile application for device control;
  • included - spare HEPA filter E11;
  • collapsible design of the turbo brush;
  • large cleaning area - 250m2.

Disadvantages:

• high price;
  • no wet cleaning - only dry;
  • one side brush;
  • one built-in filter;
  • the new application is good, but worth working on.

Verdict

The Xiaomi Roborock S4 (T4) robot vacuum cleaner is very interesting, I especially liked the design. The price is 22 thousand rubles: I consider it too high. This package is obviously too small: for example, in the model iLife V50 Pro for 11 thousand rubles it is much more. Xiaomi always cares about ease of use, so the development of a new mobile application is a big plus, although it is still "raw", you need to fix minor flaws, but it works quite successfully.

I was pleased with the reliability of the navigation system - this is a rarity among the available models on the market. It is possible to save up to three maps, which can be controlled via the Roborock app. I will also highlight high autonomy, a large cleaning area, a new central brush and a HEPA filter. For myself, in this robot vacuum cleaner, I found more pluses than minuses.

882 0

Add a comment

How to choose

Reviews

Repairs